Wednesday 13 June 2012

WWW Wednesdays #3

WWW Wednesdays a meme created by Should be Reading. All you need to is answer the questions bellow to participate.


  • What are you currently reading? 
  • What did you recently finish reading? 
  • What do you think you’ll read next? 
What are you currently reading?  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It's not living up to the hype. I guess I expected too much. I'm about 70% through with it and leaning towards a 3.5/5 stars.

What did you recently finish reading?  American Vampire by Scott Snyder and Stephen King. It was a graphic novel so I won't be reviewing it. I gave it a 5/5. It was amazing considering I usually hate vampires but this was fresh and original.

What do you think you'll read next?   1st to Die by James Patterson. It's the first in the Women's Murder Club series. But I will probably change my mind, as always!

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read the night circus too, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like it or not.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should give it a try. There's something magic about it. But don't expect any great twists or great plot.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea Stephen King did a graphic novel. I'll have to check it out. A couple of years ago I picked up a pop-up book version of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, which was a fun read.

    Here's my WWW Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He co-wrote it and he didn't write anymore, he just wrote some of the first volume. I would have liked to see him co-write the rest of the series. Wow, awesome! I'd love to see that. I read the normal book and liked it.

      Delete
  3. That's something I was worrying about The Night Circus, it's so hyped upthat I'm a bit intimidated to pick it up just in case it's not that great.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/www-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth picking up, I'd borrow it. It's not as good as everyone is saying but it's good enough to pass away the time.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I was delighted by The Night Circus! I'm sorry you're not loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the writing and the magical and circus elements to it but the romance seems forced and not realistic and it is so slow! The narration is also annoying the way it jumps back and forward. But it's not the worst, just not what I was expecting.

      Delete