Monday 6 August 2012

Musing Mondays #8

Musing Mondays is a meme hosted by Should be Reading, which involves answering a book related question each week.

What attracts you to a book blog? What puts you off in a book blog? Do you share personal stuff on your book blog?

I love book blogs that have a nice colour scheme and the colours are not too bright or clashing. I also love if a book blog has their own banners for things like 'ramblings' or other such posts. I like when they have their own rating system rather than just a star rating system. Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea uses biscuits as her rating system and I love that! I prefer when there is links and images of the books that the particular blogger is showcasing. Book discussions are also great. I love organized sidebars too.

I hate clutter and blinding colour schemes and backgrounds. I also hate when there is too much of a focus on the person's personal life in posts. I want to see mostly book related things. I think all the different Sunday memes are okay for talking a little about your personal life. I personally don't like talking about my personal life unless I'm letting you guys know why I have been absent or slacking a little in my posts.

7 comments:

  1. I think we agree on most things about blogs. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm attracted to your blog! And it seems we all hate clutter :)

    Here's mine: http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/08/musing-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting answer. I need to go think about what is considered clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I meant by it is crazy unorganized posts with links and images everywhere (not in a row etc). I also hate messy sidebars with every kind of a thing on it and a ton of unnecessary links.

      Delete
  4. I started a rambling post last week, mostly likely will do it weekly depending on how much is on my mind of course. here's my Musing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a book-specific blog, but I do talk about books on my blog. Maybe I'll start a book blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like a clean blog too - and visuals are a must for keeping me interested and reading.

    ReplyDelete